If you are planning to visit for Canada for six months or less, you will have to undergo a medical examination. This is only applicable unless you plan to work in certain occupations. However, if you are planning to visit for six months or more, you will have to undergo medical examination for immigration if they,
- Have lived temporarily for six or more months. In one of the countries of Canada. Or in one year immediately before the date on which you have entered Canada. This is even applicable even if the person is a citizen of the country which doesn’t require a visa for entering Canada.
- Will come to Canada in order to work in the certain occupations where they will have to provide protection to public health. The complete list of the documents will be provided to you on the Canada immigration website. People working on such occupations will mean that the individual has to undergo a medical examination for immigration.
- Applying for Grandparent or Parent Super Visa.
If the visa office determines that these people will have to go through a medical examination, they will surely notify these people regarding the manner in which it should proceed.
Jobs Which Require Medical Examination for Immigration
Applicants will have to go through a medical examination because of the type of job which they want to undertake in Canada. Examples of such jobs are,
- Agricultural workers who lived or have visited certain countries of over six in the last 12 months.
- Workers in the clinical laboratories
- Worker in the field of science
- Medical physicians and electives on short-term locums
- Patients attendants in the geriatric or nursing homes
- Medical students who have been admitted to Canada in order to attend the university.
- Teachers for small children
- Employees in the day nurseries
- Workers offering in-home care to the children, the disabled, or elderly
- Other jobs which bring you in close contact with people
The Instructions for Medical Examination for Immigration
It is worth mentioning that the personal doctors of the applicants will not be able to perform the medical examination. Thus, the applicants will have to visit the doctor mentioned on the list of physicians. The complete list of panel physician can be seen on the website of Citizenship and Immigration. .
The panel physician is going to do a complete medial examination. After this, they will refer to the applicants for various laboratory tests and x-rays. When the medical examination is done with, the physician will send in the result to the CIC.
You should know that the panel physician responsible for taking the final decision regarding the medical examination of the applicant. CIC is the one who is going to take the decision. If you face some problem with the individual medical examination for immigration, the visa office is going to get in touch with you in writing.
When you go for a medical examination, you will have to carry,
- Proper identification meaning at least one docume4nt which has the photograph and signature. These documents include driver’s license, passports, and national identity card.
- Contact lens or eye glass if you wear them.
- Any test result or medical or test results regarding an existing medical condition
- The Medical Report form